In Chico, CA, the weather can reach triple degrees during the day. The best way to combat this is to relax and enjoy the goodness your AC unit brings. However, there is a possibility that you might have to call an HVAC contractor for HVAC services Live Oak. Here are some methods to stay cool during a Home AC Repair.
Methods to Stay Cool
Here are a few ways to beat the summer heat during a home AC repair:
- Drink lots of Water: It is always important to remember to drink a lot of water during summer. A lot of people have been recommended to drink 2 liters of water per day. However, this intake should be based on a person’s body type and health.
- Switch on the Fans: Rather than sit in the heat while waiting for an air conditioning repair Chico CA, it is better to make use of the fans. This will help keep a person cool by using the moisture on their body.
- Switch off the Lights: Ensure that the lights are turned off unless necessary, and your window blinds are closed. The shade will help keep your room cool by not using any energy as well as reducing your utility bill.
- Keep your Windows Open: Though it is necessary to keep your blinds closed, it is possible to keep your windows open, especially during the morning and evening. This way, the cool outside breeze can cool your home down.
- Dress for the Heat: When you notice that the temperature is on the rise ensure that you are dressed to keep yourself cool. Rather than dressing to impress and suffer as you are going to sweat, cooling your system down is more important.
- Invest in a Kiddie Pool: After contacting an HVAC contractor Paradise CA, it is a good idea. As it is not always for kids, this is a good opportunity to relax in the cool water without visiting a pool or going to the beach.
- Go for a Swim: There are many creeks, the famous Sycamore pool, and swimming holes at One Mile Recreation Area located at Bidwell Park. With so many water bodies and the shade the tree provides, it is a good way to relax in summer.
- Go to the Cinema: Rather than wait and watch as your AC gets repaired, it is a good idea to pass the time by going to the cinema for a movie. Not only will you enjoy a good show and food, but you are also in a cool environment.
- Visit the Thursday Night Market: You can attend the Thursday Night Market that happens from April to September for those living in Chico. The market is open from 6 p.m – 9 p.m, allowing you to venture outside without the summer heat.
- Enjoy a Cold Treat: Nothing is perfect to have in summer as much as a cold treat. While an air conditioning repair in Chico, CA, is happening at home, you can visit an ice cream parlor to enjoy delicious ice cream.