A high-efficiency HVAC system is in high demand when the inflation rate is at an all-time high. High-efficiency HVAC systems require less energy to operate properly, which helps reduce energy bills. They usually help when the HVAC systems run the entire day during peak summer and winter seasons.
However, even if you invest in high-efficiency models, their efficiency will degrade after some years. It’s recommended to learn tips and tricks to maintain the HVAC system’s efficiency, and heating and air in Chica, CA, can help you with that.
Factors Affecting Your HVAC Efficiency
First of all, it is essential to learn what are the factors that are responsible for declining HVAC system efficiency:
- Clogged Air Filter: Air filters must work harder and consume more energy when dirt, debris, and animal dander enter them. Cleaning or replacing the air filter is essential to avoid frequently calling for heating and air conditioning experts in Chico, CA, to repair the HVAC system.
- Fan Configuration: Two types of fan configurations are available on your heating system: manual and automatic. Therefore, leaving your fan set to manual will always disperse air even if no heat or cooling is provided. Manual control will increase your power bill, and HVAC contractors in Paradise, CA, advise you to keep the fan settings in auto mode.
- Undersized HVAC System: If your existing system has less heating and cooling capacity, it will have to work harder to reach a set temperature. Increased energy consumption, higher energy bills, and premature system failure will result from this excessive strain on your heating system. So, consult a heating and air conditioning expert in Chico, CA, before investing in an HVAC system.
- Age: In various ways, the life expectancy of your device affects its efficiency. Your system consumes too much energy if it is over ten years old. HVAC units should undergo regular maintenance to keep them in good working order, or you can contact an HVAC contractor in Paradise, CA, for HVAC replacement.
- Preventative Maintenance: Inspecting the HVAC system can help you address issues at the right time and ensure they operate as efficiently. Repairing issues or a faulty component can force the HVAC system to consume more energy to reach the desired temperature.
Tips That You Can Follow To Increase The HVAC System's Efficiency:
Over time, the HVAC system’s efficiency gradually decreases. However, all you need to do is follow some tips to maintain its efficiency:
- Annual HVAC Maintenance: It’s crucial to understand the importance of HVAC maintenance for your HVAC system. One of the most significant advantages of regular HVAC services in Live Oak, CA by professionals is that they can provide a thorough cleaning of the system while also identifying potential hazards within it.
By scheduling annual maintenance and tune-up services for your HVAC system, you can experience a significant decrease in your electricity bill while also increasing the system’s efficiency
- Replace The Air Filter:You should replace your air filter if it’s been several months since your last replacement. Many germs and allergens live in dusty, grimy air filters. Additionally, it increases the HVAC system’s workload, increasing its electricity costs.
- Seal All Holes And Gaps: All windows and doors should be closed when an HVAC system is running. As a result, warm air will not escape into the outside environment. Ensure the HVAC ducts and ventilation system are free of holes as well. Use duct tape to cover up any small holes you find.
- Use The Ceiling Fans: Air will circulate evenly and adequately around the room with ceiling fans during the summer. As a result, the cool air will be distributed throughout the house.
- Invest In A New Thermostat: A smart thermostat will allow you to save the temperature settings for your HVAC system. Temperatures can be adjusted according to the day with these systems, relieving the HVAC system of some work. Call for an HVAC contractor in Paradise, CA, if you wish to invest in a programmable thermostat.
- Keep The Thermostat Temperature Minimum: HVAC service experts in Live Oak, CA, recommend keeping the thermostat at the minimum temperature. You can look for other methods to keep you comfortable during extreme weather. Wear warm clothes in winter and cotton clothes in the summer season.
- Clean Your Drain Line: Keeping this drain line clean will aid in the creation of the most energy-efficient household HVAC system configuration. To clean the condensate drain pipe, pour a spoonful of baking soda and a cup of vinegar down the drain, followed by warm water to rinse it. If there is a leakage or blockage, call HVAC service experts in Live Oak, CA, to resolve it.
- Utilize Drapes And Blinds: When you keep your curtains closed throughout the day, you can block out part of the summer heat, allowing your home to remain cooler. You can also warm your home naturally by opening your curtains in the winter.
Reasons To Buy A High-Efficiency HVAC System:
An efficient heating and cooling system is essential in today’s lifestyle. The following are some reasons why you should consider an energy-efficient HVAC system:
- Reduced Energy Bills: As cheaper models have lower efficiency levels, they have to work longer to maintain a comfortable temperature, resulting in higher energy bills. Due to a high SEER and AFUE rating, high-efficiency models do not need to operate for more hours, reducing your monthly energy bills. If you are getting bills higher than expected, contact an AC tune up in Gridley, CA, for an inspection.
- Less Noise: If you love calm and peaceful surroundings, and your old HVAC system disturbs it by operating loudly, it is time to invest in high-efficiency models. New and better quality components used in high-efficiency systems help create less noise.
- More Comfort: A high-efficiency HVAC system might be expensive, but it is packed with tons of high-tech features that will make your stay more comfortable and reduce the need to call a heating and air conditioning expert in Chico, CA, for repair. Some high-tech HVAC systems are compatible with smart thermostats, and you can control them when you’re away from home.
- Better Indoor Air Quality: Energy-efficient systems use a high MERV rating air filter and have dehumidifiers to maintain indoor air levels.
- Environment Friendly: The new HVAC systems are loaded with components and technologies that help reduce the carbon footprint and help make the world a better place.
If your existing HVAC system is less than 10 years old, schedule a maintenance service annually to increase efficiency. However, if it is more than 10 years old, replace the existing model with a new one.
If you want to replace or schedule maintenance service for the HVAC system, call Feather River Aire today for different AC installation in Live Oak, CA. We are the most reliable HVAC company with a great team waiting at every step to help you. Call us at (530) 207-8695 to schedule an appointment today