The average heat pump lasts around 10-15 years. However, this number can be affected by a variety of factors, such as the following:
- The quality of the heat pump
- Proper maintenance
- The climate you live in
- How often it’s used
If you have a high-quality heat pump that’s well-maintained and is not used too often, it could last up to 20 years. Conversely, a low-quality heat pump that isn’t well-maintained and is used frequently in a harsh climate could only last 5-10 years. No matter how long your heat pump lasts, eventually, it will need to be replaced. At Feather River Aire Heating & Cooling, we specialize in heat pump repair and replacement in Yuba City, CA.
Signs Your Heat Pump Is Nearing The End Of Its Lifespan
Several signs that your heat pump is nearing the end of its lifespan and needs to get replaced include the following:
- Decreased heating and cooling capacity: If your heat pump isn’t heating or cooling your home as well as it used to, it’s time for a replacement.
- Increased energy bills: If your energy bills have been gradually increasing even though you haven’t changed your usage, it could be a sign that your heat pump is losing efficiency and needs replacement.
- Loud or strange noises: If your heat pump is making loud or strange noises like grinding, squealing, or banging, it’s a sign that something is wrong and needs to be looked at by a professional. You can schedule heat pump repair in Yuba City, CA, with our team at Feather River Aire Heating & Cooling.
- Constant repairs: If you find yourself repairing your heat pump more often, it’s probably time to replace it. Constantly repairing an old heat pump is usually more expensive than just replacing it outright.
- Water leaks: If you notice water leaking from your heat pump, that may be a sign of a refrigerant leak. It needs to be addressed immediately by a professional HVAC contractor, as it can lead to further damage to your heat pump.
- Weak airflow: If the airflow from your heat pump is weak, that’s a sign that it’s not working as efficiently as it should be, and it may need to be replaced.
If your heat pump shows any of these signs, contact Feather River Aire Heating & Cooling today for heat pump repair or replacement in Yuba City, CA. We’ll help you get your heating and cooling system back up and running so you can stay comfortable all year long. Our HVAC contractors are also available in Paradise, CA. Give us a call at (530) 207-8695 to schedule an appointment for heating and air conditioning services in Chico, CA.