Solar panel repair experts in Oroville, CA, know that solar energy is a sustainable and environmentally friendly way to produce electricity. Solar panel systems can be installed in any space, no matter the size, and are flexible and scalable. However, solar panels can be sensitive to harsh weather and even minor impacts, which is why you may need solar panel replacement in Oroville, CA. In these cases, you may even be able to upgrade to a newer, better system. Essentially, solar panels capture sunlight and convert it into electricity.
What Two Things Are Required to Install a Solar Panel?
The current of electrons produced flows through the circuits and supplies power to electronic gadgets, such as TV and air conditioners. There are two primary components of solar panel systems. Ensure you learn about them in detail so you can decide what’s best for you and make the most of them.
- Solar Panels: Solar panels are photovoltaic cells that absorb energy from sunlight to set electrons in motion, which forms electric current. They consist of arrays of silicon chips, which act as photovoltaic cells. The electricity generated passes through a circuit that connects the panel to the load, which are electronic gadgets.
- Inverter: The electric output of a solar panel is direct current, but electric gadgets need alternating current. An inverter converts variable direct current from solar panels into stable alternating current. There are two types of inverters: string or central inverters and microinverters.
Since string inverters are only as efficient as the weakest solar panel in an array, they are cost-effective in regions where the sun is bright for long hours.
On the other hand, microinverters convert direct current completely without wastage. That’s why solar panel replacement in Oroville, CA is a wise decision.
Tips For Selecting the Best Solar Panel for You
Here are four types of solar panels:
- Monocrystalline solar panels
- Polycrystalline solar panels
- PERC (Passivated Emitter and Rear Contact cells) solar panels
- Thin film solar panels
Each type has its advantages and disadvantages. The choice of the best type depends on your goals and purposes. You should buy the one that balances both and fulfills your expectations.
- While PERC solar panels are the most expensive, they are the most efficient and require less space than other types needed for the same output.
- Monocrystalline panels stand next to PERC concerning efficiency and cost, but they leave a high carbon footprint from production to wastage after their lifespan.
- Polycrystalline solar panels are cheaper but offer low energy efficiency and heat resistance.
- Thin film panels offer many advantages, including affordable price, ease of installation, and lightweight, but their energy efficiency is lesser than that of polycrystalline solar panels.
After their lifespan of 20 to 30 years, solar panels require replacement to revive the efficiency of the solar conversion system. Our specialists offer efficiency assessment and solar panel repair in Oroville, CA, across all types.
Maintaining the efficiency of a solar energy conversion system is essential for its success. This can be achieved through regular assessments and necessary repairs or replacements. Feather River Aire Heating & Cooling offers various services, including heating and air in Chico, CA.
Call us at (530) 207-8695 or email us for more details about our services or to book an appointment for heating and air conditioning services in Chico, CA.