Mini-split systems are one of the most popular types of air conditioners. They are known for their efficiency, versatility, and relatively low cost. However, mini-splits have a limited lifespan like any other type of air conditioner.
The average lifespan of a mini-split system is between 10 and 15 years. However, depending on several factors, it can also last more than 15 years. To ensure your mini-split system lasts as long as possible, it is important to have it serviced regularly. Feather River Aire Heating & Cooling provides ductless service in Oroville, CA. Our team of skilled technicians can help you keep your mini-split system in quality working condition for several years.
Factors That Can Affect A Mini-Split's Lifespan
Several factors can affect the lifespan of a mini-split system. These include the following:
- The Quality Of The Unit: The quality of the mini-split itself will affect how long it lasts. Units made with higher-quality materials and components will typically last longer than those made with lower-quality materials.
- The Amount Of Use: How often the mini-split is used will also affect its lifespan. Units that are used more frequently will not last as long as those that are used less often.
- The Level Of Maintenance: Mini-splits that are properly maintained will last longer than those that are not. Regular servicing by a trained professional can help extend your mini-split system’s lifespan.
- The Environment: A mini-split’s location can also affect its lifespan. Units installed in areas with high humidity or extreme temperatures may not last as long as those installed in more moderate climates.
If you take good care of your mini-split and have it regularly serviced, it can last for many years. But eventually, even the best-maintained mini-split will need to be repaired or replaced. When it’s time for a new air conditioner, contact us today for your ductless service in Oroville, CA.
Keeping The Mini-Split System Newer and Longer Lasting
- Change The Air Filter Regularly: A clogged air filter can reduce the efficiency of your mini-split, cause it to work harder than necessary, and, in turn, shorten its lifespan. To avoid this, change the air filter every 1-3 months or as needed.
- Never Skip An Annual Tune-up: Spring is the best time to have a certified technician check your mini-split system. This tune-up should include a thorough cleaning of the indoor and outdoor units as well as a check of all the electrical connections.
- Keep The Area Around The Unit Clean: The area around your mini-split should be clean and free of debris. It will help to ensure proper airflow and prevent it from overworking itself.
- Don’t Use Extension Cords: Never use extension cords with your mini-split. It can cause electrical problems that can shorten the lifespan of the unit.
Follow the manufacturer’s instructions:
Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions when operating your mini-split. It will help to ensure that it is used correctly and lasts as long as possible.
Mini-split systems are a good choice for many homes and businesses. They can last for many years with proper care, and when it’s time for a new air conditioner, contact Feather River Aire Heating & Cooling for ductless service in Oroville, CA. We also provide air conditioning repair in Chico, CA, and AC service in Gridley, CA, areas.